Introduction to Fashion Design
Elizabeth Galloway’s Introduction to Fashion Design Course has a twofold purpose.
Firstly, it may act as an introduction to the three-year full-time diploma in Fashion Design. This programme enables candidates to start exploring the techniques of fashion design by developing skills beyond the basic level to the level required for acceptance on to the full time programme.
Secondly, after successfully completing the Introduction to Fashion Design course candidates who want to become economically empowered and self-sufficient will have developed the skills to assist them in their endeavours.
This programme aims to:
- Provide a practical introduction to the skills and knowledge needed to begin the design process.
- Cover practical skills and knowledge needed to make finished fashion wear items.
- Expose the candidate to a range of materials, mediums and methods of recording design processes.
- Develop an understanding of the visual implications of the design process.
This programme outcomes are:
- Apply basic design ideas to the making of fashion wear items.
- Plan, prepare and manage the making of fashion wear items to a design brief.
- Operate tools and equipment applicable to fashion wear carefully, safely and effectively.
- Make a well-constructed fashion wear item to a design brief.
- Appreciate the contextual influences relating to the fashion wear.
Introduction to Fashion Design is presented on Saturdays.
- Runs over 38 weeks from March to November.
- Classes take place from 9am – 4pm Saturday.