Part-Time Fashion Design Course
Requirements: 18 Years of Age
This programme enables candidates to start exploring the techniques of fashion design by developing skills beyond the basic level to the level required for acceptance on to the full time programme.
After successfully completing the Part-Time Fashion Design course candidates who want to become economically empowered and self-sufficient will have developed the skills to assist them in their endeavours.
The Part-Time Fashion Design course is project based and runs from the concept through to the design to the construction of the end product.
Part-Time students get to show one look, made and styled by them, at our Annual Fashion Show. Part-Time students also do their own styled photo shoot with a professional photographer.
This programme aims to:
- Provide a practical introduction to the skills and knowledge needed to begin the design process.
- Cover practical skills and knowledge needed to make finished fashion wear items.
- Expose the candidate to a range of materials, mediums and methods of recording design processes.
- Develop an understanding of the visual implications of the design process.
This programme outcomes are:
- Apply basic design ideas to the making of fashion wear items.
- Plan, prepare and manage the making of fashion wear items to a design brief.
- Operate tools and equipment applicable to fashion wear carefully, safely and effectively.
- Make a well-constructed fashion wear item to a design brief.
- Appreciate the contextual influences relating to the fashion wear.
The Part-Time Fashion Design course is presented on Saturdays.
- Runs over 38 weeks from March to November.
- Classes take place from 10am – 3pm Saturday.