- The EGAF campus closed in accordance with Alert level 5 lockdown restrictions.
- Remote teaching and learning strategies were initiated with all students
Letter and notice to student, parents and bursars:
After the president’s address we have had various meetings and decided that we will shut down (no access for students) the Academy facilities as from Wednesday 18 March.
Monday 16 March and Tuesday 17 March will be voluntary attendance for students, we suggest you only attend if you need to prepare for the shutdown in some significant way.
We will ensure that learning continues.
Staff will develop a programme which will give us the best chance of completing the 2020 curriculum in 2020. This means that deadlines still need to be adhered to and there will still be a certain pace and intensity of work expected aligned with your level of study. All contact will be digitally mediated. We will do our best to have easy to use readers, ex’s, videos etc. We will also be available via e-mail to provide feedback or clarity on work and submissions.
We need all students to have access to their EG email accounts and to have some data to stay in touch with staff. we will be mostly making use of e-mail, but also WhatsApp, the EG website and Facebook.
If any student has no access to a computer please get in touch with Raphael ASAP.
This epidemic is still developing, no one knows what is going to happen, we take directive from government and health officials. So far however we may see the following things happen at the Academy in 2020:
- Graduation may be moved to January 2021
- Fashion Show may be postponed or cancelled or completely re-thought
- The June/July, September and December holidays will likely be shortened
- Third and fourth years will need to confirm internships with their hosts
- We all explore ways to maintain fashion & academic exploration, personal motivation, self-discipline and social connectedness without seeing one another for a while
We will make every effort to stay in touch, please you do to. And please make sure you are working with the latest, official information – not, someone said that someone said…